• Hello and thank you for reading my personal blog, The Spectacled Bean.
• I started my first blog in 2004. Since then I’ve come to understand that personal blogs need not be narrow and predictable, thus I write on a variety of topics in a myriad of ways.
• I’m a free spirit by nature. This means I do my own thing here and everywhere, but because I’m a conscientious woman I do my own thing neatly. With a bit of style and planning.
• I believe that for me it’s important to live first, blog later. In other words, I don’t live to blog so I’m here when I can be, but do scamper off from time to time.
• I’ve been told that I’m subtly subversive and I rather like the idea. I figure it means that I’m telling the truth and making it interesting in the process.
• I’m married to my college sweetheart. He studied Economics, then got a J.D. I studied English Literature, then got a M.A. in Communication. Today we live in a quirky suburb of a big midwestern city.
• I’ve come to realize that my current motto is: do no harm, but take no sh!t. If this idea resonates with you too, then welcome to my world. Happy to meet ‘ya.
~ ~ • ~ ~