I got these questions from John at The Sound of One Hand Typing. He got them from Barbara at teleportingweena. I see that Melanie at sparksfromacombustiblemind has done them, too. Clearly these are THE QUESTIONS to answer.
Think about your SENIOR year in High School. The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!
- Did you know your current significant other? No. We met in college a few years later.
- Make and year of car? I didn’t have a car until I was a senior in college.
- What kind of job? I worked at a DQ until it went out of business. I never could master making those DQ swirls on top of the cones, but I don’t think that’s why the place went out of business.
- Where did you live? I lived in a small house on a brick street a few blocks away from the high school. I walked to school.
- Were you popular? I had friends but wasn’t part of the A-list crowd.
- Were you in choir? No. I was in the orchestra and the band.
- Ever get suspended from school? Why yes I did. Didn’t you?
- If you could, would you go back? Are you crazy? I would not in a million years want to go back to high school.
- Still talk to the person that you went to prom with? I didn’t go to prom because no one asked me, therefore I have no one to talk, or not talk, with.
- Did you skip school? I liked school enough to not skip it.
- Go to all the football games? I was in marching band therefore I was forced to go to the home football games. Our team was not a winning team. *yawn*
- Favorite subject? I liked English and I also liked Printing which was part of a graphic arts department. Those two subjects made up for Chemistry and the most boring American Government class that has ever happened anywhere in this country ever.
- Do you still have your yearbooks? No, I threw them away years ago.
- Did you follow the career path you planned? I had no career path in high school. It was just something to get through on my way to college.
- Did you have a class ring? Yes, I had a class ring. It was yellow gold with a dark green stone in it. I still have it [somewhere].
- Still close with your best friend? Yes, she comments here sometimes.
- Who was your favorite teacher? My favorite teacher was the assistant music teacher who’d just graduated from college the year before. His youngest sister was younger than I was and attempting to think of him as a teacher was almost impossible. He was a hoot, especially when he tried to direct the orchestra, something he did not do well.
- What was your style? I was a girl wearing matchy-matchy outfits in bright colors with coordinating jewelry and pretty shoes. Let’s call that style: small-town Glamour magazine teenage chic.
- Favorite shoes? I don’t remember any one pair in particular.
- Favorite music? I liked rock and I liked jazz. I played classical.
- High school hair? I had a short hairstyle that made my mother happy. I stretched my curly hair straight and used about half a can of hairspray each morning to keep the frizz at bay. It was a labor-intensive hairdo.
- What kind of cologne/perfume? I don’t remember any one perfume that I used. I’m sure I did, but what it was, I dunno.
- How old when graduated? I was 18 years old.
- Did you play a sport? No, but I did take all sorts of lessons, like golf and tennis and swimming. But as for a team sport… you gotta be kidding me!
FYI: For the next few weeks I’m going to bug out of the blogosphere while we do homeowner things. Our house is 20 years old. There are problems to solve, issues to address. Therefore, I’ll be busy elsewhere being a responsible adult. Look for me back here mid-June.