I happened to see the sun shining on this owl pitcher sitting on the hutch shelf and snapped a photo of her for the heck of it.
Never have I been happier to report that nothing interesting is going on around here.
I haven’t been anywhere in a week. Well, I’ve gone outside for walks in the neighborhood, but I haven’t been in a store or restaurant or medical office.
No haircut. No trip to the mall. No foray to the party store next state over. No shopping at the garden nursery.
Pretty much, NO to all the activities I’d planned for the end of March.
My calendar is empty.
Instead of fretting about the nothingness of now I’ve decided to focus on blogging.
To wit, I’ll be writing here in my usual way, trying to keep my posts short, snappy, sassy, stylish, smart. And any other positive ‘S’ word you can think of.
But writing and maintaining your own personal blog is only 60% of blogging. The other 40% is reading other people’s blog posts and commenting on them. Therein is the secret of blogging, truth be known.
And with that little bit of wisdom gleaned after messing around in the blogosphere for 16 years [anniversary this week in fact], I’ll hit publish on this post. No need to dither here when I’ve all of you to read and comment upon. Must share the comment love.
Yep, I’m looking at you, my fellow bloggers. Ain’t you glad?
As the seasons change so does the early morning light, meaning that when I’m up early drinking my coffee out on the deck, I see things differently.
[Or is it that I see different things?]
Above is a photo in which you can see a jet plane, headed one direction, and the waning crescent moon headed the other direction.
[Look closely, they’re both there.]
To me this seems like they’re saying hello and goodbye as they pass each other, rather like the way in which summer and fall pass by each other on the calendar.
[Or something like that.]
I’m not a poet, nor do I profess to be profound. Instead I notice things, photograph them, describe them, then allow my thoughts to meander. Perhaps with no purpose. Perhaps with a keen insight that I have yet to understand.
[Regardless, I think the above photo is cool.]
Happy Autumn, everyone. I’m looking forward to it. Whatcha got planned? Spill the beans in the comments below.
I took the fast & fun interactive What’s Your COLOR ID Quiz on the Sherwin-Williams website. Click HERE to go take it for yourself.
My quiz results told me I am a Dreamer. A Dreamer is defined thusly:
I was further told that as a Dreamer I do the following:
Here is a screen shot of a few of the Sherwin-Williams colors that a Dreamer likes to see in her home.
Here is a photo of the wall in this particular Dreamer’s home office [or study if that’s what you want to call this room] where she is currently sitting. This wall is painted SW 7666 Fleur de Sel, one of the colors shown in the image above.
It’s not often that I take an online quiz and end up with results that I agree with 100%. In fact some of my previous posts [here & here] have been less than kind when discussing my quiz results, but for whatever reason, this time the quiz results made sense to me.
And with that I’ll end this pleasant post about knowing who I am by wishing you, my gentle readers, a Happy Weekend. May it be colorful in a way that pleases you and filled with sweet dreams ’til sunbeams find you.
The moon. Sunday morning.
In a cloudless sky.
Pretty. Inspiring. Unexpectedly perfect.
Looking like someone had painted it above my head as part of a set decoration.
Like an artist’s interpretation of what the moon is supposed to look like in the early morning hours.
When you see it while sitting on your deck, drinking your morning coffee.
Tending your own thoughts, wondering if it might be time to get back to blogging again.
Deciding that it is…
So how’ve you been? What’s new, kids?
I’ve missed you. Mean it!
Turtle, name unknown, taking an afternoon constitutional around the terrace.
• • •
I SAW THIS TURTLE FRIEND WALKING along the top of the stone wall that forms one side of our lower terrace.
I was up on the deck and looked down on him, so I leisurely went inside the house to get my camera.
One fact about turtles, they cannot outrun me.
I went down the deck steps to get to his level, then snapped a few photos of him. He made no attempt to hide from me, proving that I am the most benign creature on earth.
Can’t even scare a turtle.
• • •
WE’LL BE ON STAYCATION NEXT WEEK, so instead of dithering away here I’ll be busy doing the Memorial Day things [plus a bit more] in the real world.
But most importantly, my gentle readers, what will you be doing while I’m not here? Hmmm? This is what concerns me.
Thus might I suggest that you take this survey about blogging? Don’t let the word “older” stop you. It’s for anyone who keeps a blog.
So, you know, that would be you.
• • •