~ • ~
First, I’ll tell you about the dream:
driving in my white coupe down road in flat farm country where I grew up – get behind slow-moving gray van – pass on the left but van pushes me off the road into corn field – drive safely through field and get back on road in front of van – once in front of van my car turns into my blue bike from when I was a girl – ride bike to lowest level of parking garage at a mall near where I live now – lock bike on bike rack – rearrange all of my stuff into bags so that it is comfortable for me to carry – Abby Sciuto [of NCIS] looks on as I do this – then off we go together to shop upstairs in the mall
Then, I’ll explain the weird part:
In the dream I lock my bike using my girlhood yellow bike lock. When I first look at the lock I’m dismayed because I don’t know the combination, but then I think about it– and remember the lock combination. For real. In my dream. The actual lock combination for a lock that I haven’t used in decades.
Finally, I’ll hypothesize about what this dream might mean:
- I’ve flipped for sure this time.
- My subconscious is telling me that I’ve unlocked something [important?] from my past.
- I need to stop watching NCIS before I go to sleep.
- My subconscious is telling me that I’m all organized now, so it is time for me to move on.
- On the roadways of life, small & determined [my coupe] trumps large & in the way [the van].
- My subconscious is telling me that it’s time for me to start exercising more.
- I’m way cooler in my dreams than I am in real life.