Yesterday Maggie asked the following 11 questions on her blog, FROM CAVE WALLS. With her permission I’m answering them below. You may go HERE to read her post in which she explains her reason for asking these simple questions. If you so choose, you may answer them there or on your own blog.
1. How many times per week do you post? Do you post multiple times a day? If so, how many?
• I post about once a week, occasionally twice a week, sometimes not at all.
2. How many blogs do you follow?
• I actively follow about 80 blogs but I’m aware of maybe 40 more.
3. Do you read all the blogs you follow every day? If not, how often do you read other blogs?
• I don’t read blogs every day. I don’t read everything that everyone writes on their blogs. I try to read at least one post per week by any one blogger who I actively follow, sometimes two posts per week if I have the time.
4. Do you seek out new blogs to follow? If so, how do you find them?
• I seek out new blogs to follow. I do this by reading the comment sections on other people’s blogs, often finding new-to-me bloggers that way. I also check out most new-to-me commenters on who leave comments on my blog posts.
5. Do you comment on the blogs you read? If not, why? Do you respond to all the comments left on your blog?
• I comment on the blogs I read because that’s what personal blogging is about, a chance to connect with people. I respond to all comments left on my blog, never cherry-picking a few comments, ignoring the rest.
6. Do you ever close comments on a blog you post? If so, why?
• I always close the comment section on each blog post after 21 days, sometimes before. I do this because spammers swoop in if I keep things open any longer.
7. Do you ever unfollow someone? If so, why?
• I unfollow people who start out friendly + interesting but over time become pedantic, or whiny, or snobby. People change, not always in ways that I find appealing.
8. What content inspires you to follow a blogger?
• I don’t focus on any specific content per se, I follow a blogger because they’re articulate, sincere, and clever. It’s all about their vibe. What they write about is of less interest to me than how they write about it.
9. What content turns you off from following someone?
• I won’t follow someone who has a sloppy writing style regardless of my interest in their content or someone who comes off as condescending or someone who has a snarly point of view about everything. Or as I think of it: no slobs, no snobs, no blobs.
10. How important is it to you that you add a photo to every post?
• It is important to me that I add a photo or image to each post BUT if I don’t have one that works with my topic that doesn’t stop me from posting.
11. Leave me a link for one blogger (other than yourself) that you think I should check out.
• A group of bloggers, many of whom regularly comment here, have just this month started a new blog called The Heart of the Matter. Check it out!
THINKING ABOUT YOUR ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS WOULD YOU, MY LITTLE BLOGGING SCRIBES, ANSWER THEM THE SAME, IN A SIMILAR WAY, OR DIFFERENTLY THAN HOW I DID?