– – • – –
Another rainy morning here. Unlike earlier this Spring when the rain made me cranky, this rain is soothing. Now that bushes and flowers are in bloom the different colors outside combined with the rain make the scene look serene. Funny what a few weeks will do to a person’s perspective.
Seeing as the forecast says that this rain will continue most of the day, I’ve gathered my favorite electronic gadgets* and am thinking that I’ll make a nest for myself on the TV room sofa. We’ve got lots of pillows in there and with the window blinds up, I’ll be able to watch the subtle changes in the trees in the Forest Primeval [aka our back yard] without getting damp.
Only five years ago a Summer day like this one would have made me irritable. But today, thanks to wi-fi, I can sit anywhere in the house and not feel lonely or put out by the weather. Thinking about it I realize that this development might be one of the biggest changes in my lifetime. Used to be that a rainy day meant only reading a book sitting in a corner all by myself.
However, now in addition to reading a book I can: connect – research – catch-up – enjoy without going outside in the muddy, wet world. This is progress, my gentle readers. Oh yes it is. Don’t try to tell me otherwise.
– – • – –
deck sofa for today are:
- my [new] Kindle – reading a book
- my [relatively new] iPad – watching a TV show or a movie, tweeting on Twitter
- my [ancient] Motorola clamshell wireless phone – chatting, texting with whomever about whatever, as usual
- my [almost new] Nikon Coolpix camera – observing the world in case there’s a photo opportunity
- my [old] MacBook – reading + commenting on blogs, writing a post should the muse strike