~ ~ • ~ ~
• Does your first or middle name have any significance (or were you named after another family member)?
This is a tricky question for me to answer because I write this blog under a nom de plume. Yes, Ally Bean is my nickname. It evolved from the old saying: “Know what I mean, Jelly Bean?” Back when I started blogging in 2004 no one used his or her real name when writing online, so I went with Ally Bean. As for this name’s significance, all I can suggest is that it might mean, FRIEND LEGUME. I guess.
• Music or silence while working?
Almost always silence when working. Quiet focuses me. And a focused me is a productive me.
• If you had a special place for your three most special possessions (not including photos, electronics, people or animals), what would they be?
Not sure if this question is asking me what are my three most special possessions OR what is my special place for them? No matter. I’ll answer the latter question by saying my most special possessions, of which there are many more than three, are in our house. Ergo our house must be a special place, right?
• The Never List: What are things you know you never will do?
I will never do cardiac surgery, ride on a Segway again, write a textbook on quantum physics, collect dolls, imbibe any rum-based drink again, travel by submarine, buy a pair of Jimmy Choo pumps, teach a class about car repair, OR needlepoint a pillow cover.
• Optional Bonus Question: What are you grateful for from last week, and what are you looking forward to in the week coming up?
Last week’s gratitude award goes to Season 3 of Grace and Frankie, starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. I’m grateful for anything that makes me laugh and this TV series does that. Over the weekend I watched half of Season 3, released on Friday, and I’m still smiling about the characters, the plot, the settings, the humor. So funny + smart.
This week’s looking forward to something goes to an Ikea chest of drawers, now in three large heavy flat boxes leaning against the wall in the upstairs hallway. Next weekend Zen-Den and I hope to remain married while we build this chest of drawers that, when assembled, will give me one place to put all of my foldable clothes.
~ • ~
~ • ~