I said I’d be back in August, and true to my word, I’m here again, ready to tell you a little bit about you, the cool kids.
Intrigued, aren’t ‘ya?
For no particular reason, on a whim really, I decided to analyze who follows this blog & comments regularly. WP tells me I have thousands of followers, but most of those followers don’t bother to engage with me, and other bloggers, via the comment section of this blog.
[This is fine by me. Speak up when you feel so moved. I’ve always had many kind lurkers who eventually join in.]
Welp, it turns out there are about 110 cool kids who make a habit of consistently checking in here, chit-chatting in the comments, AND who also write personal blogs of their own. The whole megillah, as they used to say.
[There are many other delightful commenters who say something once in a while and I love you for it. Spammers, on the other hand, make me say, “I hate those meeses to pieces.”]
Granted my methodology here is more subjective than objective: I’m telling you how I categorize/perceive your blogs. But, be that as it may, here are four things I’ve figured out about you, the cool kids.
I. How often do you post to your blog?
- 34% post Multiple Times Per Week (more than twice, less than daily)
- 25% post Monthly (or less)
- 20% post Once A Week
- 14% post Twice A Week
- 7% post Once A Day (or more)
II. Where do you usually find your muse?
- 76% are Independent Thinkers
- 24% are Joiners who use prompts or challenges, always or most of the time
III. What do you primarily write about regardless of the source of your muse?
- 37% write about Family
- 22% write about Ideas or Questions
- 22% write about Hobbies or Special Interests
- 12% write about Books or Writing
- 7% share Photos
IV. Where do you live?
- 79% are Within the US
- 21% are Outside the US
When I started my analysis I had a fifth question in mind, but quickly realized I couldn’t answer it on my own, so I’ll ask you. I’d like to know:
HOW DID YOU FIND THE SPECTACLED BEAN?
- did we do a challenge together?
- did you see a comment I left somewhere?
- did a friend point you this way?
- did you find me on Twitter or Instagram?
- did you surf by one day and stay?
- did you get here some other way?
I await your comments below.