Perhaps you’ve noticed lately that the news media in all its permutations is obsessing on the idea that we Americans are divided… on all issues… with no unity on anything to be found?
WELL, I CALL HOGWASH.
Thus I, a free spirit and seemingly only sane person left in the middle of this country, give you the following list wherein I’ve taken it upon myself to point out issues on which Americans agree.
YES, I USED THE A-WORD.
So what do you think, my gentle readers, are you comfortable focusing on unity instead of divisiveness? And of equal importance, what have I forgotten to add to this list? 🤔
~ ~ 🇺🇸 ~ ~
7 ISSUES ON WHICH AMERICANS CAN AGREE
- Commercial airplane travel is a tedious experience, even if they don’t lose your luggage.
- Daylight Savings Time
is a bad ideain and of itself may or may not be a bad idea, but changing your clock in response to it, or any time change, is difficult. [Thanks to commenters, revised upon reconsideration.]
- Paying attention to any Kardashian is a waste of your time.
- Sports announcers, hired because they claim to be experts, are as clueless as the rest of us about who’ll win the game.
- Christmas merchandise for sale in retail stores in August is ridiculous.
- The price of a movie ticket is too high.
- Meteorologists who report the weather on TV news are bluffing about what’s going to happen.
~ ~ 🇺🇸 ~ ~