Thanks to everyone who took my How Am I Doing? survey [now closed].
You’re the best and overwhelmed me with your kind answers. I wasn’t fishing for compliments with this survey; I was challenging myself to see if I could write one. Then on a whim I decided to share it here for the fun of it.
At one point in my life I worked in marketing research so I’m familiar with the process of collecting data from respondents. Below I’ve categorized it into three parts.
I also know that once you collect the data, interpretation is a whole ‘nother thing. Spin it the way you want. So with that in mind, and me being me, I’m spinning this funny, because honestly some of your answers were a hoot.
• • •
What I learned about you:
- 90% of you write a blog
- 50% of you like to goof off on social media in the blogosphere; followed by YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- 60% of you were very likely to recommend this blog to friends and family
- 90% of you thought the survey was cool beans
• • •
How you answered two specific questions regarding this blog:
These responses were straightforward and clear to interpret. No further explanation required.
This is where things got complicated because over half of you used “Other” when responding to the question. Some of you said that there was nothing you disliked so you were using “Other” to tell me this. Some of you who clicked on “Other” made suggestions about my writing style and graphic design. And one respondent said that using “Other” was the only way to show that all the choices were applicable to this blog.
• • •
Here are some of your responses when asked what comes to mind when you think about this blog:
- A red kidney bean dressed like Elton John
- Ooh, what will Ally Bean say today?
- Engaging, enjoyable blog. Funny without trying too hard.
- oh, shit, I haven’t read that spectacled blog in awhile. I better go catch up!
- Beans 🙂
- Lovely variety of slice of life topics.
- A string bean wearing glasses. But also humorous posts and genuine connection with others.
- My bloggy friend for years now
• • •