I don’t know if the following list is an example of useful information OR humblebragging.
I mean on the one hand, knowing some trivia can be fun and fill-in those awkward pauses in social conversations.
But on the other hand creating a list like the one that follows is a bit egotistical. I mean in essence I’m saying to you, here are things that I know and you probably don’t. Woo-hoo!
However, I have nothing else to write about today because February, the longest short month on the calendar, is never going to end and I am bored with it. So why not share some trivia?
Ten Trivia Facts That I Know
- I know that on the Jetsons, Astro’s name before he came to live with the Jetsons was Tralfaz.
- I know that Cosmic Latte is the name of the color of the universe.
- I know that at one time Jell-O came in a Celery flavor.
- I know that shoes used to be made with buttons on them, no laces or velcro; and that you needed a button hook to get the button-hole over the button on your shoe, so it would stay on your foot.
- I know that a stoat is a kind of weasel that according to folklore, upon seeing one a person must say “hello” to it– or risk bad luck.
- I know that coffee, not tired eyeballs, is an ingredient in red-eye gravy.
- I know that baby squirrels in the nest chirp like baby birds.
- I know that at one time in the English language you put a backward question mark at the end of a sentence when the question in the sentence was rhetorical.
- I know that chromophobia is the word for the fear of color.
- I know that you can make a passable martini using chardonnay instead of vermouth.
~ ~ • ~ ~
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN TO SHARE, MY GENTLE READERS. TELL ME SOMETHING TRIVIAL THAT YOU KNOW!
~ ~ • ~ ~